What is Sciatica/ Sciatic Pain?
Sciatica refers to back ache, caused due to the problem in the Sciatic nerve. It is a longest and widest single nerve in the human body. It starts from top of the leg to the foot. The sciatic nerve provides the connection to the nervous system. The pain in the nerve is a result of an injury or pressure in the sciatic nerve. The pain is generally felt in the lower back (from hip to leg)
Causes of Sciatica
- Lumbar spinal stenosis- It is the narrowing of the spinal canal in the lower back.
- Degenerative disc disease- It is a breakdown of discs, which act as a cushion between the vertebrae.
- Spondylolisthesis -a condition in which one vertebra slips forward over another one
Symptoms of Sciatica
- Pain in leg. The pain get worse while sitting
- Burning or tingling sensation in the legs
- Weakness, numbness or difficulty while moving the leg or foot
- Prolong pain in one side of leg rear
- Shooting pain in legs while standing
How to cure Sciatica/sciatic pain
- Chiropractic specialist- Chiropractic is kind of holistic medicine. According to the latest scientific research chiropractic care is an effective treatment for lower back pain, lumbar herniated disc and neck pain. It reduces the swelling, helps in reducing the stress and boost flexibility and adaptability.
- Acupuncture- It is a system of complementary medicine, in which the needles are inserted in the skin at specific points and lines of energy (meridians). It improves the circulation of power in the body. It reduces the sciatic pain and boost work of nerves.
- Ice bag- Putting ice packs on the affected area is a best and quick remedy to cure the pain. Leave the cold pack for approximately 20 minutes and repeat the procedure after every two to three hours.
- Modifying temperature level- Ice packs will give temporary result. For effective results change the temperature. After applying the cold packs take a bath with warm water. It will enhance your blood circulation. Adding essential oils, herbs or products with healing properties will give surplus benefit.
- Massage Therapy