Here we are come with another food recipe such as Lemon Coconut Pound Cake Recipe. Pound cake is one of the most favorites dessert with no-fuss and very easy to cook. It is simple, easy and versatile. This scrumptious cake can be cooked quickly and you can serve this dessert to your loved ones on a sunny day after lunch. Lemon Pound Cake makes a succulent dessert for entertaining, Sunday suppers and special events. You can find the simple recipe of this scrumptious cake below-
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar (granulated)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, plus extra for topping cake (toasted if desired)
- powdered sugar
- Enough lemon juice to make a glaze.
- zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, butter and flour on a 9×5 loaf pan. Flour, Salt and baking soda stir altogether and set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or using a hand mixer, beat butter until it turns creamy at medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add granulated sugar and continue beating until it turns fluffy and lightened in color. After this, add eggs one at a time, and beat until it blends after each addition.
- Alternate adding yogurt to butter mixture and flour mixture, beginning and ending with flour. At low speed, continue to beat until blended after each addition. Stir the mixture in lemon zest, lemon juice and ½ cup coconut. Pour butter into a greased and floured 9×5 loaf pan.
- After this, bake it for 1 hr 5 min to 1 hr 15 min or until a long wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out easily. Cool it in a pan for 10-15 minutes and then remove the pan from pan to wire rack and cool completely about 1 hour.
- Ready to serve.