As a delicious tropical dessert, Key Lime Cake with Key Lime Glaze is a perfect dish to be served to the loved ones. With slight lime zest and a Key Lime Glaze which is homemade is required to cook this delicious appetizing dessert. This pound cake is scrumptious, so moist and mouth-watering with a taste of lime throughout. If you love cakes, then you must try out this recipe. This cake will be listed on top of your favourites for so delicious and flavorful.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh Key lime juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 325 degree temperature. Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electronic mixer until it turns creamy and thick. Add sugar gradually, continue to beat at medium speed until it becomes light and fluffy. Add eggs one each at a time, and beat until it gets blended after addition of each egg.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add it to the butter mixture alternately with milk. Flour mixture beginning and ending with. Beat it at low speed just until blended after each addition. Taking combine vanilla, lime, zest and lime juice, stir it properly. Dispense the batter into a greased and floured 10- inch pan.
- Now bake the mixture at 325 degree for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes. Cool down on a wire rack 10-15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, fresh Key lime juice, and vanilla until smooth to prepare Key Lime Glaze.
- Brush over top and sides of cake. Cool completely for about 1 hour.
- Ready to serve.