The Bollywood films revolves around the love stories, however, horror films like Sunny Leone’s Ragini MMS 2, Bipasha Basu and Dino Morea starer,Raaz and how can we forget Nagin are among the horror films which left their mark in the Bollywood as they tend to embed the spooky moment. But, still the genre has not made its special place in Bollywood like Hollywood horror films ought to.Here is the list of 10Hollywood films that that depicted the intense genre at its best.
1. The Conjuring(2013)- The American supernatural horror film directed by James Wan. Two American paranormal investigators and authors associated with prominent cases of haunting tries to rescue the Perron family, who witness hosts disturbing events in their farmhouse in Rhode Island.
2. The Orphanage( 2007)– The first Spanish horror film. It is story of an orphanage women,Laura, who comes back to her childhood home and tries to turn the house into the homes for disables.But suddenly the women along with her husband finds their son missing,prior to it, imagine a masked person named Tomas, with whom he wanted to run away.
3. 28 Days Later( 2002)- The British post-apocalyptic horror film. The story revolves around the contagious virus which kills the people living in the city in the course of 28days. However, four people cope with the obstruction.
4. The Sixth Sense (1999)- A trouble, secluded boy, who can see and talk with the deads is assisted by the other troubled person, who is a child psychologist by the profession.
5. The silence of the Lambs(1991)- The 90’s American thriller was adapted from the novel of the Thomas Harris with the same name. The film was a blend of the crime and the horror genre. It was the first picture to be awarded as a best film.
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)- The supernatural slasher horror of 80’s made a prominent impact on the horror genre.The child ghost is on a ride to kill a group of friends when they are sleeping
7. The Thing (1982)- The American science fiction horror film directed by John Carpenter, written by Bill Lancaster,and starring Kurt Russel represented the conflict between the scientist and the alien who can control other bodies and kill them later.
8. The Shinning (1980)- Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall, Danny Lloyd, and Scatman Crothers was a psychological horror film, based on Stephen King’s 1977 novel of the same name but with significant changes in the content.
9. Halloween (1978)– The film was the first instalment of the Halloween franchise. A juvenile kills his own sibling and gets institutionalized after 15 years he gets success to escape from there, coincidentally, it was Halloween eve, the bow further went on to stalk a teenage girl and her friends.
10. The Exorcist (1973)- The supernatural film of the America was adapted from the novel with the same name, written by the director of the film itself. It was a first horror film that was nominated for the Best Picture.