Chicken Puttanesca with Angel Hair Pasta
Read the Easy Healthy Chicken Pot Pie & Baked Recipes in this article. Favorite of all, delicious, quick and easy chicken recipes to cook, Chicken Puttanesca with Angel Hair Pasta is a perfect weeknight meal. by adding olives, crushed red pepper and capers to bottled pasta sauce, it gives a swift variation on the traditional version. ‘Puttanesca’ is a term used in Italy and this dish becomes the best when added chicken with the blend of light spices.
It is a perfect dinner for family which is light, scrumptious and appetizing. If you are planning to surprise your loved ones with something new in the next weekend, then this recipe would be going to shower lot of compliments on you! Don’t wait and look for the following easy ingredients in your kitchen and prepare it within a short time and present it to your children and spouse with this healthy chicken recipes.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce (such as Muir Glen Organic)
- 1/4 cup pitted and coarsely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil or basil sprigs (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to directions provided in the package, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and while heating oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sprinkle evenly with salt. Fry it for 5 minutes or until it turns light brown, stirring it occasionally. Bring to a simmer, stir in pasta sauce, olives, capers, and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring frequently. Set up 1 cup pasta on each of 4 plates; top with 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese on each serving. Garnish with chopped basil or basil sprigs, if desired.
- Ready to serve.
Chicken Potpie, the name itself is so appetizing, and gives a perfect idea how wonderful and delicious this baked chicken recipes would be. If you want to make three servings, then you need to bake in individual portions. You just need simple ingredients to start up with this dish and collectively without taking too much time, you can prepare it without any hassle. For three servings, you need 1 ½ tablespoon of flour with phyllo sheets slashed into quarters and scale remaining ingredients down by half. View the remaining ingredients down by half and bake the potpies in three (10 ounce) ramekins.
Put one quarter of phyllo sheets topped on each ramekin, remove remaining quarters. Bake it till the tops turn golden and bake for another 15 minutes. You can reduce the preparation time of chicken pot pie recipe by getting pre-chopped vegetables from supermarket.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups diced red potato (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (14 x 9-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- Heat the oven up to 375°.
- Take a large Dutch oven at medium-high heat and melt butter in it; add oil. Sauté for 5 minutes by adding potatoes and next 6 ingredients (through thyme). Now, lessen heat to medium-low; sprinkle flour over vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring repeatedly. Stir in milk and bisque. Increase heat to medium-high to bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken, peas, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into a 3-quart baking dish. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface; lightly spray with cooking spray. Repeat layers with cooking spray and remaining phyllo. Place phyllo layers loosely on top of mixture in dish. Place dish on a blazing sheet. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or till it turns golden.
- Ready to serve.