Omelet with Summer Vegetables
Delicious and flavor, topped with cheese and vegetables, this food is unmatched for its taste. Garnished with the smoke Gouda, which gives a lot of taste and the corn giving a appetizing texture and a subtle sweetness which complements the smoky richness of the cheese, a statement by expert North Country chef. You do not need to worry about its ingredients as they are available in your grocery store all the year round. So, view the recipe of this delicious summer food and live a healthy and wealthy life.
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons shredded smoked Gouda cheese
Take a saucepan and heat it over medium-high temperature. Then coat the pan with a cooking spray. While you are done, combine corn, onions, zucchini and 1/8 tablespoon salt to it, let it sauté for 4 minutes till the vegetables turn soft crispy. Remove the pan from heat.
Now take 10-inch nonstick skillet and heat it over medium high temperature. Add 1/8 tablespoon salt, egg whites, pepper, water, while stirring it with a whisk. Now coat the pan with a cooking spray and pour the mixture into pan. Cook it for 2 minutes till its edges become to set. Then lift the sides of omelet with spatula, while tilting the pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to come in contact with pan. Spread the corn mixture on half of the omelet. Then sprinkle the corn mixture with cheese. Fold in half of omelet over the other side of omelet. Cook it till the cheese melts down, for about two minutes. Take the omelet on the plate swiftly from the pan.
Southern Shrimp and Grits
Tastes best for brunch or dinner this shellfish specialty of Carolina Low Country, known as “breakfast shrimp” is the best food. You do not need one or hour two to cook this delicious food, you need to start with frozen bell pepper and onion, along with prepeeled and deveined shrimp to complete the entire cooking session in your kitchen.
Not this dish easy and fast to cook, but this is one of the best and healthiest versions of shrimp and grits, stated by one reviewer. Than other traditional versions of this recipe, this dish is full of flavor and healthier. Everyone enjoys this delicious healthy food. Thus, to serve to your dear ones, find the recipe below and gain lot of appreciation.
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 5 cups water
- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- Combine fresh lemon juice, hot sauce (like Tabasco) and peeled and deveined large shrimp and mix them well.
- Now take a large nonstick and cook a bacon over medium heat till it becomes crispy. To the drippings in the pan, now add onion, bell paper and garlic while stirring continuously. Take the shrimp mixture and stir in with broth and ¼ cup of green onions for 5 minutes till shrimps are done. Stir frequently.
- Take the water to boil in a medium saucepan, slowly add grids while stirring continuously. Reduce the heat to low; cover it with simmer until it becomes thick, while stirring continuously. Add butter and salt. Now spoon the mixture over shrimp with cheese and remaining green onion.
- Ready to serve.