Chocolate Layer Cake
When celebration comes, Chocolate layer cake is the one which creates the occasion more enjoyable and fills the sweetness in the moments. This delicious chocolate cake recipe from scratch includes rich batter, the content is higher which moistens the cake and frosting’s flavor is more wonderfully chocolicious, the one and only combo of cocoa powder and semisweet delicious rich chocolate. So, find the recipe in the blog and view a scrumptious simple chocolate cake recipe and bake it for your loved ones and kids.
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) confectioners’ sugar
- 12ounce(s) semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
To prepare cake layers:
- Preheat oven up to 350°F. Take three 8-inches round cake pans and grease them. Line bottoms of the pans with grease paper. Dust pans with flour.
- Take another sheet of grease paper, combine flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt on it. With mixer at low speed in a large bowl, beat brown and granulated sugars with buttertill it gets blended. Gradually enhance the speed to high; beat 5 minutes or until light pale and fuzzy, scrape the bowl with rubber spatula often. Now reduce speed to medium-low; add eggs, 1 each at a time, beat completely after each addition. Now add vanilla and blend it as well. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, grind until batter is smoothbeginning and ending with flour mixture, scrape the bowl with rubber spatula.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pans. If necessary place the 2 pans on upper rack and 1 on lower rack, so that top pans are not directly above bottom one. Bake it for 22 to 25 minutes or till the toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out easily. Keep the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes to cool it down. With small knife, softens the layers from the edges of pans. Carefully uncover and discard grease paper; cool down it completely, for another 45 minutes. Bring to room temperature before frosting cake.
Meanwhile, prepare frosting:
- In small bowl, mix cocoa powder and boiling water, stir it till it becomes smooth. Beat butter and confectioners’ sugar 5 minutes or until fluffy at a medium low speed. Reduce speed to medium-low and combine melted chocolate, then cocoa mixture, beating till it gets smooth while scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Refrigerate until just stiff enough to spread.
- Place 1 cake layer bottom side up on plate of cake; spread with 1/3 cup frosting.
- Top with second layer, bottom side up; spread with 1/3 cup frosting.
- Place remaining layer bottom side up on top. Spread remaining frosting over sides and top of cake.
Chocolate Cream Cakes
A favorite of all, this is a perfect delightful moist chocolate cake recipe for your loved ones with its decadent, individually sized cream filled cakes. Easy to cook and perfect for all the occasions, Chocolate Cream Cakes fills the entire event with sweetness, enjoyed by everyone. Layered with cocoa powder and sour cream, scrumptious cream emerges out with melted white chocolate.
Follow the simple chocolate cake recipe below-
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- Baking spray
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/3 cup(s) canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) cold water
- 2 ounce(s) white chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 6 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- 2 ounce(s) white chocolate, for decoration, finely chopped
Preheat oven up to 350 degrees F. Coat the baking spray over 4 nonstick individual spring form pans. Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt in one bowl. Whisk sour cream, oil, egg, vinegar, and vanilla; stir in flour mixture in the second bowl. Spread it into the prepared pans and bake for 28 minutes. Let the pans stand cools down on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove edges and bottoms of pans. Let it cool completely.
Over water, spread gelatin in a small saucepan and let it stand for 1 minute to become softer. Tenderly heat over low heat, stir it, until gelatin becomes clearer by getting dissolved. Add white chocolate; stir until melted and mixture gets smoother. Stir mixture into heavy cream in a medium bowl; cool into refrigerator for 15 minutes. Blend with a mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Transfer filling to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain tip.
Slice cakes open from sides with a knife as if to cut into 2 even layers but stopping three quarters of the way. Indulge some prepared filling into the middle of each cake. Press cakes together; over a jelly-roll pan, place on a wire rack set.
Take bittersweet chocolate in a small bowl. Bring cream and corn syrup to a boil in a 2-cup glass as in measure in the microwave. Spoon the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes while whisking it. Spoon the glaze over cakes, refrigerate to set glaze.
Place white chocolate into a 1-quart re-sealable food-storage bag; seal bag. Put bag in a bowl of very hot tap water. Let stand 5 minutes to melt it down. Snip off one corner of the bag; Sprinkle melted chocolate over top of cakes. Refrigerate to set.