Table of Contents
Chocolate Layer Cake
We are come with the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe for the readers. When celebration comes, Chocolate layer cake is the one which creates the occasion more enjoyable and fills the sweetness in the moments. This delicious chocolate cake recipe from scratch includes rich batter, the content is higher which moistens the cake and frosting’s flavor is more wonderfully chocolicious, the one and only combo of cocoa powder and semisweet delicious rich chocolate. So, find the recipe in the blog and view a scrumptious simple chocolate cake recipe and bake it for your loved ones and kids.
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) confectioners’ sugar
- 12ounce(s) semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
To prepare cake layers:
- Preheat oven up to 350°F. Take three 8-inches round cake pans and grease them. Line bottoms of the pans with grease paper. Dust pans with flour.
- Take another sheet of grease paper, combine flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt on it. With mixer at low speed in a large bowl, beat brown and granulated sugars with buttertill it gets blended. Gradually enhance the speed to high; beat 5 minutes or until light pale and fuzzy, scrape the bowl with rubber spatula often. Now reduce speed to medium-low; add eggs, 1 each at a time, beat completely after each addition. Now add vanilla and blend it as well. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, grind until batter is smoothbeginning and ending with flour mixture, scrape the bowl with rubber spatula.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pans. If necessary place the 2 pans on upper rack and 1 on lower rack, so that top pans are not directly above bottom one. Bake it for 22 to 25 minutes or till the toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out easily. Keep the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes to cool it down. With small knife, softens the layers from the edges of pans. Carefully uncover and discard grease paper; cool down it completely, for another 45 minutes. Bring to room temperature before frosting cake.
Meanwhile, prepare frosting:
- In small bowl, mix cocoa powder and boiling water, stir it till it becomes smooth. Beat butter and confectioners’ sugar 5 minutes or until fluffy at a medium low speed. Reduce speed to medium-low and combine melted chocolate, then cocoa mixture, beating till it gets smooth while scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Refrigerate until just stiff enough to spread.
- Place 1 cake layer bottom side up on plate of cake; spread with 1/3 cup frosting.
- Top with second layer, bottom side up; spread with 1/3 cup frosting.
- Place remaining layer bottom side up on top. Spread remaining frosting over sides and top of cake. Therefore this is all about Best Chocolate Cake Recipe.